Promotions in Durable Goods: When to Leverage Promotions
Typically, consumer packaged goods (CPG) marketers think of promotions solely as a means to move products and improve profits. In the case of durable goods, you should consider the additional business reasons why a promotion may benefit your business.
The key in durables is finding the right balance between the supply you do or don’t have and the demand that you predict will come from your promotional efforts.
Aligning Promotions with the Customer Journey
Understanding your category’s unique journey can help you tailor your promotional strategy to your brand’s pain points and goals you have set across the journey. These vary based on whether you are in the CPG or durable goods category.
- Read More About Promotions In Durable Goods
- Part 1 – Boosting Sales and Brand Loyalty
- Part 2 – When To Leverage Promotions
- Part 3 – Pushing Promotions Through The Channel
- Part 4 – Implementing Durable Goods Promotions