Promotions in Durable Goods: Boosting Sales and Brand Loyalty
Typically, promotions are discussed in the context of consumer packaged goods (CPG), but research has shown they can be even more important for manufacturers of durable goods such as tires and building products. Today, promotions are even more important to consider in light of recent market trends.
- Consumers are price-aware and knowledgeable about products due to online information.
- Competition is increasing among manufacturers and retailers – both online and offline.
- Proliferation of brands and niche marketing are diluting brand loyalty.
For durable goods manufacturers, promotions can be an effective way to help consumers rationalize their decision and reduce the perceived risk associated with the purchase. Promotions increase the chance that consumers will consider your brand now, complete the purchase and possibly even seek your brand in the future.
- Read More About Promotions In Durable Goods
- Part 1 – Boosting Sales and Brand Loyalty
- Part 2 – When To Leverage Promotions
- Part 3 – Pushing Promotions Through The Channel
- Part 4 – Implementing Durable Goods Promotions